cannot get my home page from o/s world

Please,

from the outside world, if I browse to my_home_page.demon.co.uk, I get
a debian placeholder page telling me that my debian installation of
apache has been successful and the index.html file on /var/www should
be replaced by my own.

But even when I do that I get the same result.

If I browse from within my small network:

	lynx particular.local.ip.address

everything works fine.

When I contact demon, they say I cannot have two web pages.  But this
makes no sense to me.  My "commercial" (the one in my sig) website is
hosted by them.  I am just trying to set up a simple one for home on
my own beloved debian machine.

Confused.

--
Joe Mc Cool CEng, SMIEEE