Re: TUN device for VPN - File descriptor in bad state

drbob wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to implement an opevpn server on my debian box. The first step was to recompile my kernel (2.4.32) with TUN?TAP support built in. I did this and created the /dev/net/tun device however it does not work. cat /dev/net/tun returns:

cat: /dev/net/tun: File descriptor in bad state

Further testing shows that openvpn runs fine, creating the tap0 device without any error messages. I don't think I should be seeing the above error though afaik "cat /dev/net/tun" should return nothing when openvpn is not loaded and return a list of the created tap interfaces when openvpn (or any other process that uses tun) is running.

--
drbob