gnome upgrade - some icons disappeared

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to gnome 2.8 (doing a regular apt-get upgrade) and found that all icons in the Applications menu have disappeared, replaced by the default 'folder' icon appears. In submenus all icons are ok, but also, in the 'main' bar on the very top of the screen I know I should have 3 menus (sg. like Applications Places Desktop) and I still just have 2(Applications Actions). Could anyone give me a hint on how to fix this?

Thank you,
Balint