DHCP with Static Addresses

[ sarge ]

Looking in interfaces(5), it doesn't appear that I can include an
"address" line (where I could specify a desired address) within
/etc/network/interfaces for a 'dhcp'-configured interface.

However, what I'd like to do somehow is make my RFC1819 addresses
remain the same at home, but still use DHCP for DNS, etc.  Depending
on what I boot when, the addresses all change thus messing up firewall
settings and other "stuff".

Maybe I must just go with "iface ... static" instead of "iface ... dhcp"?

What would people suggest for this?

Thanks,
--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker       khj@cs.appstate.edu