Re: List files of installed package (apt?)

On November 24, 2005 11:01 am, Lupu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way I can list all files of an installed package in Debian
> - something similar to rpm -ql [package name] in Red Hat.
>
> Mike

Since others have mentioned dpkg -L if you ever need to do the same for
a package that is not installed then you can install the apt-file
package. Then after an apt-file update as root you can use apt-file
list package_name to list the files in an uninstalled package or if
compiling a package and you get an error about not finding a file
apt-file search file_name will show you the package(s) the file is in.

Stephen
--
Debian the choice of a GNU generation

GPG Public Key: http://users.eastlink.ca/~stephencormier/publickey.asc