Re: Basic questions

Rafi Gabzu wrote:
Thanks.
The reason for the "testing" installation is because I read that it quit
stable and that sarge holds old and not updated packages.

It is quite stable, but just 'quite'. Sarge was released in June this year and is not old. It is updated as far as security is concerned. Before Sarge was released, it was indeed the case, that old woody was a bit old, but this has changed. It's a pitty that apparently many newbees get 'old' advice regarding stable.

 "aptitude install debian-reference" is that the actuall command I should
type ?

Yes, but of course you could also install debian-reference (available in different languages) via aptitude, synaptics or apt-get.

Cheers,
Johannes