Re: hanging web pages

On Monday 21 November 2005 11:01 pm, dzpost@dedekind.net wrote:
> Many of the web pages I visit cause the browser to hang for
> significant periods of time (a minute or more in many cases).  Until
> the page finishes loading, the window does not update, and mouse
> clicks have no effect.  This happens with every browser I've tried
> (mozilla, firefox, galeon, ephiphany, konqueror).  I thought it might
> be a java thing, but it seems to also happen with java and javascript
> turned off.
>
> How can I find out what's causing this, and how can I prevent it?  It
> seems to be happening more and more, and it's really annoying.
>
> -David

Stop visiting those pages ;-)

Seriously though... something is definitely wrong... I can't imagine it's the
browsers themselves, I've never had that happen in any browser in the last 5+
years.

Considering I have never had the problem myself, I can't begin to tell you
were to start.  Though I would imagine the problem lies in something all of
the browsers share... a library perhaps?  Or your network configuration,
though I doubt it.

Joe