multiple default gateways

Hi,

I'm trying to setup my network with multiple default gateways from a debian linux box running 2.6.11.10.

I've read lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html and understand about setting up the routes for each interface in separate routing tables.

I have added the table names into my rp_tables file and ip route show table demon/ rednet shows that there's nothing in those tables.

However when I try an add a route into the tables it accepts my command,
ip route add 213.246.137.16/30 dev eth3 src 213.246.137.18 table rednet

, but it gets added into the main routing table.

I'm quite obviously missing something, but can't work out what it is. Do I need to comple something extra into the kernel?

Can anyone please shed any light on the situation?

Thanks

--
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not view the information, nor copy or deliver this message to anyone else. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Beacon shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

Beacon is a trading style of Beacon Homeloans Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered office 9 Station Road, Marlow, Bucks SL7 1NG. Beacon Homeloans Limited is registered in England under number 5304252.