Re: Is pl2303 driver there?

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 05:24:44PM +0530, H S Rai wrote:
> I read on Internet that new Kernel has pl2303 driver ( USB
> to Serial Driver ). I am using Debian with Kernel 3.1

I guess you are using Debian version 3.1, which has a choice of kernel
2.4.27 or 2.6.8...

> I want to check wether this driver is there or not. What is
> the way to check it?

This driver is included in kernel 2.6.8 as far as I can tell, check if
you are running this version ( cat /proc/version ).

> If, it is not there, from where I could find (suitable for
> debian setup) it, and how one will install it?
>
> Any information about it and pointer to useful link ( or
> detailed help, if possible ) will be highly appreciated.

If you are not running kernel 2.6.8 it should be fairly easy to
install, assuming you are on Intel architecture run (as root):

apt-get install kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686

/Daniel