kmail questions

I have jumped around testing different mail clients before finally settling on
kmail due to some features I like and some I can't live without (reply to
list for example).  Anyway, there are two things I haven't been able to do,
perhaps I was spoiled by some of the other clients.

1 - display a mailing list in threaded view with the threads that have had the
most recent activity at the top of the list.  I can sort by date, but it uses
the date of the first message in the thread and not the most recent message.

2 - I would like to create a filter of some sort that shows only threads (the
entire thread mind you) in which I have participated.  I was able to do that
in the gnome PIM (forget the name) by creating a special folder that was
simply a filtered version of the folder that contains the mailing list.

I hope that someone can point me in the right direction, I really need to just
settle on a single mail client and would hate to have to switch again.

Joe