OpenLogos install problem

I'm trying to install OpenLogos Translation program. In order to install I have to first compile, then run "make". When running compile I run into the following error:

configure: javainclude FOR i686-pc-linux is -I/lt/pkg/jdk1.5.0_02/include -I/lt/pkg/jdk1.5.0_02/include/linux
checking for jni.h... no
configure: error: No java dir

I tried install more java packages (specifically free-java-sdk) but that didn't help.
What do I need to make the compile work?

I would write to the openlogos mail list, but it doesn't seem to be available.

Curtis