webmin help

hello all,
I know this may not be a strictly debian issue but the list at
webmin.com is not very active. I am hoping some of you experts will be
able to help me. I have a debian sarge installed on a dell dimension
4000. i installed with the single minimal CD and then added packages
as i needed them. I have installed webmin on this box which is
currently functioning as a file server with unison backup. but for
some reason when using my XP laptop to try to connect to the debian
box results in "Error - Access denied to 192.168.2.2" the IP address
being the LAN address of my XP laptop. I am trying to see how to
permit access to my laptop but since the server has no X (with an ATI
card - X will not start - says that no screens were found) I do not
know of other means to log into webmin to allow access to my laptop. I
have even tried to remove --purge webmin and reinstall with no luck. i
even tried links2 but unfortunately webmin forwards automatically to
https and the links2 in debian stable does not support https. HELP i
do not know what more to do.
thanks in advance
ganesh