Re: Imap

Michael Perry wrote:

You can also migrate existing mbox folders to maildir if need be by
installing mb2md which will set everything up in the correct format and
also parse and relocate existing mbox folders.  I've done this before for
dovecot with mbox folders with over a year of mail with no problems.  It
will also create the cur, new, tmp stuff for you.

Dovecot does a nice job of scanning home directories and locating
supported mailboxes and I've used it with fetchmail, spamassassin,
postfix, procmail for quite awhile now.

Thanks for sharing this note/tool Michael.

I've been meaning to switch one of my older mail servers over from exim/uw-imap/mbox to exim/dovecot/maildir for some time now and always been kinda leery of the process.

I guess now I have to sit here and think about how to do this properly in the right order, but all the tools are in-hand.

Off to go blow up the mailserver.  Hmm, where's that backup...?  ;-)

Nate