Re: Imap

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:10:19 +0100,
Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:
> Hi Roy,
>
> Am 2005-11-15 18:24:22, schrieb Roy:
>> I've just installed courier imap and imap-ssl to use with postfix.  The problem i'm having is when I try and retrieve mail from my Debian (Sarge) Server from Outlook Express the following message appears (Your Imap Server wishes to alet you to the following: Fatal error Maildir No such file or directory).  The imap server is running and postfix is working fine.
>>
>> Good someone explain what this means?
>
> Your users need a ~/Maildir directory,
> which contain at least three subdirs
>
>         ~/Maildir/cur
>                   new
>                   tmp
>
> This is the minimum rquirements for courier-*
> to work from scratch on Debian systems.
>
>> Roy
>
> Greetings
> Michelle

You can also migrate existing mbox folders to maildir if need be by
installing mb2md which will set everything up in the correct format and
also parse and relocate existing mbox folders.  I've done this before for
dovecot with mbox folders with over a year of mail with no problems.  It
will also create the cur, new, tmp stuff for you.

Dovecot does a nice job of scanning home directories and locating
supported mailboxes and I've used it with fetchmail, spamassassin,
postfix, procmail for quite awhile now.

--
Michael Perry | do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org