"colours" and "centred" in Sid Gnome

Hi all:

I've recently moved my home desktop to Sid. When using the Gnome terminal's profile, I see "colours" rather than "colors", and when changing the desktop background, I see "centred" rather than "centered". My preference is for a US English rather than a British English language.

I have three screenshots showing what I am talking about.

In Gnome Terminal:
http://www.penguinsolutions.org/screenshots/colours.png
(Notice there are two spellings of "colors" on this menu)

When changing backgrounds:
http://www.penguinsolutions.org/screenshots/centred.png

Gimp color menu:
http://www.penguinsolutions.org/screenshots/gimpcolor.png

As root I have run dpkg-reconfigure locales and selected the two en_US locales, and en_US as the default. The resulting output from this command follows:

# dpkg-reconfigure locales
Generating locales (this might take a while)...
  en_US.ISO-8859-1... done
  en_US.UTF-8... done

Not all applications have this behavior. For instance, OpenOffice.org 2 is displaying my locale choices (color, center) correctly.

What can I do to repair this?

Thanks,
Clint