Wireless

Hi Deb-heads.

With a little help from my friends, I've managed to get the builtin
wireless card in my Acer Aspire 3003Lci (a Broadcom chipset, XP driver
via ndiswrapper and WPA via wpa_supplicant) working.  The only trouble
I'm having now is that the wireless chipset apparently needs to be
enabled via two presses of the hardware wireless button on the front of
the laptop.  Doing this during the init kicks off the AP association
and everything works.  However, if I don't do it, the wireless stays
off until I do.

What I'm looking to do is to send keypresses during the init scripts
that will simulate the presses on the hardware key automatically.  Does
anyone know how to get this done?