Re: WordPerfect 8.0 considered harmful

Paul Johnson wrote:
Patrick Wiseman wrote:

On 11/19/05, Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:

Ken Heard wrote:

Herewith is my follow-up to the the only two responses elicited by my
request for help in installing WordPerfect 8.0 which contained
suggestions as to how to solve my problem -- those from Kent West and
Patrick Wiseman.

WordPerfect is considered harmful. SCO makes WordPerfect, and has proven
itself very anti-Linux. Don't install WordPerfect, don't use WordPerfect,
return it and DEMAND full refund.

Corel produced a WP6 for the SCO Unix platform years ago. SCO, as far as I
can tell, has never made WP, and it certainly had nothing to do with WP8.
So stop spreading FUD.

Corel was purchased by SCO, therefor WP is a SCO product.

You tried to suggest that Corel and SCO had a connection a week ago in the "Is Debian ready for the desktop" thread and it was pointed out that you were mistaken:

Caldera purchased some of the assets of SCO, including the SCO name.
SCO then renamed itself Tarantella.
Caldera renamed itself The SCO Group
The SCO Group has been trying to sue everyone.

This has NOTHING to do with the company formerly known as SCO.
This CERTAINLY has NOTHING to do with Corel!

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com