Mouse loses sync whenever a sound event initiates

Hi,

I have a strange problem that I would like to fix.

My System:

Debian Testing i386
Kernel: 2.6.8-2-k7

Mobo:
Asus a7n266-vm
Supports Socket A AMD Duron, Athlon, and Athlon XP up to 2400+.
NVIDIA nForce 220-D: NVIDIA IGP-64 north bridge and NVIDIA MCP-D south
bridge.
200/266MHz front side bus.
Integrated NVIDIA GeForce2 graphics core.
Realtek® ALC650 audio module.

Gnome Desktop
ALSA 1.0.9b-4

Now the problem,

Whenever I am moving the mouse when any sound initiates, the mouse goes
completely chaotic, some windows open, others close and after a few
seconds the mouse pointer reappears at the top right corner of the
screen and everything goes aback to normal.

Logcheck eventually sends me an email that says somethink like:

localhost kernel: psmouse.c: Wheel Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost
synchronization, throwing 1 bytes away.
or
localhost kernel: psmouse.c: Wheel Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost
synchronization, throwing 3 bytes away.

I am using a USB mouse converted to psaux (via a dongle) to allow me to
use my  cheap KVM.
I have tried a different mouse.
It only happens when the sound starts, after that I can use the mouse
throughout the length of the music track.

Any help, tips, ideas welcome.

Thanks.