Re: replacement for gcdmaster

Hi there, Martin.

On Nov 20 2005, Martin Fluch wrote:
> Already some time ago there existed a program called "gcdmaster" which
> came along the cdrdao package.

Yes.

> I used it to make audio CDs from my records.

Since I prefer to work on the command line, I used it only to inspect if
my script generated .toc files were correctly set up (including the
names as CD-Text).

I also miss this program and I think that it should be re-integrated
into the Debian archives. Perhaps filing an RFP bug for it would be
appropriate?

Anyway, you can still use it and many other audio-related tools that are
not available in Debian by adding the following line to your
sources.list file:

deb http://www.rarewares.org/debian/packages/unstable ./

Don't be scared by the "unstable" part there: many of the packages have
dependencies in sarge (stable).

> Any suggestions?

Hope this helps, Rogério Brito.

P.S.: I will see if I can manage to maintain it in Debian, as I think
that it is a very valuable program (IMVHO, at least).
Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/