Re: how to get k3b back in testing (yes, this sounds familiar)

H.S. wrote:

Hi,

So, while Testing is going through this whole lot of transition to newer
packages (KDE 3.4 and Gcc 4.0), I am holding off dist-upgrading it. But
yesterday, to experiment to see what happens to held back packages if
k3b is not present, I removed k3b. Saw nothing much has changed so did
not upgrade at all. So, to get k3b back, what do I do? I know it is not
there anymore in Testing. Where can I find it's last deb package for
Testing?

->HS
Just briefly change your sources to unstable, install k3b, change the sources back to testing after that. This is a workaround and is not the most elegant solution out there. You might also take a look at apt-pinning - which has its own advantages and disadvantages...

bye
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi