Re: spam howto

David Kirchner wrote:

In order to get rid of all the spam that I get due to posting to public
archived mailing lists etc., I subscribe to mailing lists through a
gmail account. Gmail spam filtering is quite effective and filters
almost 95% of the spam. But the gmail web interface is not that great
(no thread view, cannot easily delete emails etc.,). So I use pop
functionality of gmail account and read these emails by using
thunderbird (you can also use other email clients such as mutt etc.,)

Unfortunately gmail sends about 1/2 to 1/3 of my legitimate mail to
the spam folder. That number is lower recently, but is accurate up
until a few days ago at least. It may be because I'm using my own
domain instead of my gmail.com address, but I'm not sure. Basically
what I've been telling people is if you switch to gmail be prepared to
check the spam folder frequently.
I use a separate gmail address for subscribing to mailing lists. This is different from the one that I use for personal emails. So once in a while, if I loose a mail into the spam folder, it is fine for me.

bye
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi