Re: spam howto

Matt Price wrote:

Hi folks,

Looking for a simple spam-control howto.  I have tried setting up
bogofilter & spamassassin in the past & I've always run into trouble;
the process sometimes seems incredibly complex.
Any help out there?

Matt

In order to get rid of all the spam that I get due to posting to public archived mailing lists etc., I subscribe to mailing lists through a gmail account. Gmail spam filtering is quite effective and filters almost 95% of the spam. But the gmail web interface is not that great (no thread view, cannot easily delete emails etc.,). So I use pop functionality of gmail account and read these emails by using thunderbird (you can also use other email clients such as mutt etc.,)

The above solution works 90% of the time but it is not the proper way of spam filtering (I think). But hey! it works and I dont need to spend time about reading thousands of lines of documentation.

hope that helps
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi