Re: Permanently stoping gnome-panel

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:31:41 +1100
Neil Dugan <debian@butterflystitches.com.au> wrote:

Hi,

I have set up tightvncserver on my computer, I am using 'gnome-panel'
to  put up some icons etc.. on the vnc screen.  My problem is when I
go to  stop the new gnome-panel process it won't stay stopped.  I puts
a  requester on my main X window that refuses to go away.

Is there any way to stop the second gnome-panel process completely?

I have tried 'kill <pid>' & 'kill -9 <pid>' & 'killall gnome-panel'.

Regards Neil.

Just offhand, have you tried 'killall -9 gnome-panel?'

Cybe R. Wizard

A 'killall -9 gnome-panel' doesn't work, both the original and new gnome-panel process shut down, then both restart.

Regards Neil.