Re: fortran compiler bug

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 04:55:22PM +1300, Steven Jones wrote:
> We seem to be having issues getting a bug registered....
> ... because I don't know what the bug-reporting web site
>     http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi
> means by host,target and build triplets.

I'd guess they're referring to the options given to configure when
building the compiler (relevant for cross-compiling), i.e.

  build:  where the compiler has been built
  host:   where it will run
  target: what binaries it will create

The triplets themselves usually consist of

  architecture-vendor-OS

e.g. "i686-pc-linux".  (Except if you're crosscompiling, all three
triplets should be the same...)

HTH,
Almut