HTML Emails, WAS: unsubsrib

Scott wrote:
Gene Heskett wrote:

On Saturday 12 November 2005 14:35, Steve Lamb wrote:

I looked at Thunderbird because a friend was raving about it.  It
didn't impress me, but then I'm used to kmail from kde 3.3.0.

Html doodads are nothing but a PITA that quadruples the size of the message,

Agreed. But in many cases I don't mind.

You don't mind having a pain in the ass? Bend over, then,
and I'll give you a swift kick...

email should be pure text.

Point me to the RFC.  I'd not heard that before.

Not an RFC, but you might look here...

 If this were truly the case, your beloved KMail would not allow one to
compose/read HTML emails.

Eh? You are using the personal choice of some programmer to include
some "feature" in his program as a reason to justify the existence
of the feature? Shouldn't that go the other way 'round?

On a related note, I won't argue that HTML on a mailing list is a no-no,
unless the list admin specifically states otherwise.  I've seen a few
lists that allow it but they are rather rare.  I only use HTML in email
when it's a personal email, to someone I know and whom I know can read
them (e.g. I know they use Kmail and not Mutt).

I use Thunderbird, and I have it set to use pure text only
for composition. I detest HTML in e-mails, myself.

BTW, I wish I could figure out how to make Thunderbird
use an external editor rather than that stupid GUI
editor which is built in.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.