Re: Request to remove Information

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 14:50 -0500, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 12:22:56PM -0600, Gnu-Raiz wrote:

[snip]

> Well, the whole problem boils down to "eat what you want". No problems
> with that. The problem arises if what I don't want to eat is masked or
> passed as something else. Someone's freedom to worship science and eat
> whatever crap scientists make should not imply that my freedom not to
> eat it may be diminished.

You'll just have to go back to eating corn and wheat from much
smaller, lower-yielding crops.  Botanists (those are scientists,
right?) bred taller, healthier more high-yielding corn, wheat and
soy, starting 140 years ago.

>                          I'm not refusing it for you, I am refusing
> someone telling me what to eat. And for sure when crap comes out
> labels on it will not warn the dissidents. You should eat whatever you
> want. But I also should have the same freedom. However today is near
> impossible to find flour that is not fortified, or milk that has no
> vitamin D added. All because some crowd of interested parties,
> followed by science worshipers decided to make it mandatory. Doesn't
> it bother you, that the goverment can decide that you shall not drink
> milk without their added D?

Not at all.

>                            The only science that has withstood time
> is mathematics, the Queen, according to Euler. The other branches,
> come and go, their stability being directly proportional to their
> mathematical foundation (physics). If you don't think so, just have a
> look at whatever politicians or just common people try to push at any
> given moment: "scientific data suggests..." is repeated as a mantra,
> and taken to be the absolute truth, no matter how many times life has
> proven that theories are just that, theories, that will be denied a
> few years later, and replaced by new ones, which that time, "for sure,
> will be right".

No, misinterpretation of science by a stupid media is what does
that.

> Science is the new religion.  A few centuries ago, if you dared
> to go against the church, you would end up fried. Now, if you
> dare  to say that you give a shit about what scientists think,
> you

You'll be elected to a School Board in Kansas.

What planet do you live on?

> may not be fried physically, but you may be near crucified in a public
> list as this. And I really give a shit about what scientists say. But
> I care about them or someone mandating me to eat what I don't want.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

I don't want "fair and balanced". I want all of the facts, with
enough context to make sense of it.