Re: Writing technical text - THANKS !

--- Joe Mc Cool <joe@benburb.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Wow,
>
> thanks a lot guys for the push towards Latex.
>
> After struggling with groff etc for years, Latex is a charm.  Already
> I can do tables, footnotes, indexes, headers, footers, maths, item
> lists ............ wonderful, a joy to work with.  And that is after
> only a few hours with Kopka and Daly.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Joe Mc Cool

One thing I don't understand about LaTeX/TeX though is why it's
so darn big and complicated. Sure it's easy to use (as long as you
don't want to do anything out of the ordinary), but I've never been
able to understand how all the parts fit together. "apt-get install"
is great here, since installing from source has got to be a nightmare.

http://mail.yahoo.com