Using LaTeX, AUCTeX and emacs-snapshot-gtk (was: Re: Writing technical text - THANKS !)

Hi there.

On Nov 14 2005, Joe Mc Cool wrote:
> thanks a lot guys for the push towards Latex.

And if you use Emacs for typing your texts, I would highly recommend you
to grab auctex from the Debian archive and stop 5 minutes to read its
manual.

After that, you'll be even happier with LaTeX.

And (BTW, this is a recommendation for all emacsen users) give a try to
use emacs-snapshot-gtk (from sid). You'll absolutely love it. It works
so much better than Emacs 21, in many respects.

I heartily recommend both.

I have even purged emacs21 from my machine as the new version is simply
amazing (and, as a non-scientific observation, it appears to be slightly
faster than emacs21 if you byte-compile your .emacs file, for instance;
emacs-snapshot-gtk loads faster here than emacs21 with byte-compiled
files did, at least that's a subjective view).

Well, that's it.

Hope this helps, Rogério Brito.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/