Re: Firefox: Copying profiles

marc wrote:

> Next, I move the newly created ~/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxx.newprofile out
> of the way and copy the required source xxxxxx.existingprofile to
> ~/.mozilla/firefox/, then rename the newly copied folder to
> xxxxxx.newprofile. Finally, I chown -R owner:group *

I would just create a new profile for the user, go into the profile
folder, copy only those files that are needed from the "required
profile" and start Firefox.

The most important file would be the bookmarks.html. You can also copy
other files which may contain the username and passwords if the user
stored any. For details profile files, read the knowledge base at
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder

HTH
/ks