Re: Problem with hard drive

steven.damer@gmail.com wrote:
Here's the results I get from smartctl:

<snip>

Does not look bad.
But... the proof is in the pudding, like it is in my pudding, the drive did in fact get those nasty errors when you ran on it.

Will you ever trust that drive? I won't mine, even though, like yours, the smarterrors are all non-failing.

I even wrote an application in Qt to compare the results more easily without hunting and pecking through a list.

Results: just high raw values: no errors. However... one time not so long ago the kernel turned a partition on that drive read-only because of unrecoverable errors.

Your drive is telling you: you can use me but get another drive.