Tomcat5 problem on debian

I just installed tomcat5 on debian/unstable. It is on my laptop with
P M1.6, 512M. The problem is that tomcat server is very slow to
connect. On my first connection after installation, it took 4~5 mins to
show the tomcat index on localhost:8010. Then I restarted the computer to hope a better performance. But this time the tomcat seems more slowly. The index on localhost:8010 can't show up with page keeping loading.

Before testing tomcat5 on debian, I had used tomcat5 on a windows box with almost the same hardware configuration. The performance is acceptable.

By using the command "/etc/init.d/tomcat5 status", I got the result "Tomcat 5 servlet engine is running with Java pid 4476" and the default port in config file is "8010".

So what is the possible wrong? Thanks in advance!
--
Real happiness rises from peace in the heart!