Re: jpilot

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 01:29:29PM +0100, Christian Christmann wrote:

> after updating my Debian system, I cannot sync my
> Sony Clie organizer.

You really should say which disto you're using.

> Nov 14 13:28:11 server kernel: usb 1-2: new full speed
> USB device using uhci_hcd and address 49

Note that it isn't recognizing it as a PalmOS PDA.  Try "modprobe visor".
I've noticed that on Etch, recognizing devices is often unreliable, and I
have to manually load required modules (e.g. usblp).

> But what device is "uhci_hcd"?

Not a device at all, the USB module loaded into your kernel.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.