Re: changin XTerm colors

> Alvin Oga <aoga@mail.Linux-Consulting.com> writes:
>> u forgot, didn't know (?) to do:
>> xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources
>> ( it's buried in the docs too )

> Nope, did that.   Still doesn't see any change.  Interesting enough, if
> I do xrdb ~/.Xresources, I do get a color change but then everything
> else changes too.  I really just want to merge the changes.  Does it
> make any difference that I'm runnin Xorg on Sid?

Is it possible that you need to change the VT100 resources rather than
XTerm ones?  It looks like VT100 is used for colours in
/etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm-color, and it might over-ride XTerm
resources.  I have this in my ~/.Xresources:

#define xtermfg white
#define xtermbg black

*VT100*background:  xtermbg
*VT100*foreground:  xtermfg
*VT100*pointerColorBackground: xtermbg
*VT100*pointerColor: xtermfg

and similar settings for XTerm commented out.  I can't remember,
though, if that was the problem that these changes was intended to
solve.

Regards,

--
Jim Ottaway