lost interupt

I installed knoppix 4.0 from a dvd that was included with Linux Format issue 73 on my drive /dev/hdb16 and it went well. When I 1st booted with grub, I get message "give password for maintenance" or enter ctrl d for normal startup. I enter ctrl d and kno 4.0 starts up normally. The next day, I start kno 4.0 and I keep geting "hdb: lost interupt" and I have to reboot, try again and still get "lost interupt" I have kno 3.6 installed on hdb10 so my hdb is ok. I have other distros installed on hdb and they all work ok

TIA

jozien