Debian Sarge and loopback filesystem root

Hello,

    I have a question that has been bugging me about the Debian Sarge
Kernel and INITRD. I noticed when taking apart the INITRD to insert the
correct code for a loopback filesystem root, the INITRD is so full with
other such code, I don't know where to insert the code from the HOWTO.

    With doing this, I am going to be testing out an alternative to the
'bootcd' package, and create my own method that will support add-on
modules, but will differ quite alot to Knoppix and other such LiveCDs. I
will be adding support for installing to either a vfat/ntfs filesystem,
using a loopback root, thus removing the limitation that most people
face when install Debian on systems where Windows takes up their entire
hard disc. Giving them a chance to try Debian Sarge fully working and
fully Debian Sarge compatible.

    It's still this first step that I am currently at a loss. If anyone
has any experience with Debian Sarge and it's INITRD, could you please
reply. I am subscribed to this list. I'm not to sure if this is a
developer question, since it is targeted at the user-level INITRD. I am
not asking questions regarding developing applications on Debian, or
even modifing the Debian kernel. Please correct me if I am wrong to use
this list or not.

--- Kevin Veroneau
"Forever with Debian, and never without Debian. I truly live the Debian
way. Long live Debian, and the entire toy story collection."