Re: aic7xxx driver floppy for sarge

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:31:10 -0800
David Kirchner <dpk@dpk.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This may sound like a stupid question, answered in some FAQ somewhere,
> but I just can't find it. Does anyone know which Sarge floppy image
> contains the aic7xxx SCSI driver?

From here:

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/sarge/main/installer-i386/current//images/MANIFEST

floppy/cd-drivers.img           -- CD drivers, including all SCSI

: I'm thinking if your cdrom drive is bootable you should just be able
to boot from there instead of messing with floppy images.

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch03s06.html.en#boot-dev-select

If you are not able to set the SCSI CD as the boot device for some
reason (as opposed to booting then failing to run) then you could always
make a floppy for Smart Boot Manager and from it's boot menu select CD
as the drive you want to boot.

http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/

Later, Seeker