Re: A few general questions from a Debian newbie

Scott wrote:
> And then OpenOffice.0rg 3, Firefox 2.0, GIMP 3.0, GNOME 2.16, and KDE
> 4.0 will be released within the following month discouraging many from
> sticking with Debian stable....

    You still misunderstand.  The point is there is no one standing there with
a gun to their head forcing said people to stick to stable.  *NO ONE*.  The
point of stable is that the *version numbers are.....  STABLE!*  If they want
all the goodies they are perfectly capable of moving up the tree to testing or
unstable.