RE: Request to remove Information

It is illegal in the U.S. to discriminate on the basis of race, creed,
national origin and numerous other factors in hiring.  There are
exceptions where a job requires a security clearance and there are
probably other exceptions I am unaware of.  Most jobs, however, are
subject to the laws against discrimination.  As we are all well aware,
most companies do _not_ discriminate based on national origin in their
hiring decisions because aside from it being illegal, there are large
civil remedies.  Discrimination lawsuits are horribly expensive and
often successful.

Even where I live, in the mid-Western U.S., most technology companies
have engineers on their staff who were born in other countries.  Look at
the engineering staff at most technology firms in "the valley"
(California, for the non-U.S. readers) and you will clearly see that
hiring decisions have little to do with national origin.  A significant
number of U.S. technology companies have CEO's who were not born in the
U.S.  While there is still discrimination in the U.S., engineering
positions are, thankfully, no longer a big part of that problem.

--

Seth Goodman