Can't Start KDE from Normal User; Only from Root

When I try to log in to KDE using KDM through my normal user, the screen goes black, then returns to KDM. This is indicative of X having crashed, since I told KDM to re-appear if that should happen. Loging in through a consle tells me that /etc/X11/X is not executable. I checked: It is a symbolic link to /usr/bin/X11/Xorg. I tried to copy that file directly to /etc/X11 and then rename it X, but it said some thing about not being able to read it and some thing to do with a symbolic link. So, I'm assuming there needs to be one and that some thing has happened so that the root can access it but not a normal user.

Perhaps I need to change the permission on it?

I thank you kindly in advance.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.