[Solved] Freezing, SMP Kernel and P4

AFAIK

What does that mean? Nonetheless, thank you for that information. It's nice to know that it won't break in the cold.

I've actually solved the mystery. It was the programme Azureus. My computer is very allergic to it. It froze every time. At least that is solved.

There is another problem, though. KDE does not start under my normal user. When I try from KDM, X crashes because it brings me right back to the sign in screen (KDM). When I try to log in via console and do a startx (or startkde), it gives a list of things things which I wrote down but don't currently have. Essentially, it can't find display " ". I would think that, some how, my normal user is lacking an X server start file. But, I don't really know.

Perhaps, since this is so different, I should start a new thread?

I thank you kindly.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.