Re: Freezing, SMP Kernel and P4

Are you using ATI or nVidia proprietary kernel modules?  If so, get rid of
them and see if the crash goes away.  If it does, you know where to direct
your complains.

If you are rederening to what is currently in my kernel, I am using the standard linux-image from the Debian repository and, subsequently, I do not know. I do, however, intend to build my own soon. If, however, you are refering to X, I asked it to use ATI for my monitor since this laptop's monitor is indeed ATI. But, I'm not quite sure what you mean.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.