Re: some apps cannot print anymore since gnome 2.10 upgrade

Frank Guthorel wrote:

However - printing from Mozilla apps like Firefox webpages or
Thunderbird mails does not seem to work any more, since the upgrade to
gnome 2.10.2 ? I don't get any error messages or so, just the normal
statement that job is being sent to printer etc., 100%, done - but the
printer never starts.

Hi Frank,

I used to have some issues with the printing packages that Moz/FF/TB have installed (xprint). When I would select my PostScript printer in those packages, however, they would print fine. But Moz/FF/TB would always default to the xprint printer, and I'd have to manually select the PS printer.

Do you have xprint installed?

Once I removed xprint, I was back in business, printing normally using only the PostStript printer.

Hope this helps,
Clint