Re: Sarge and Burning with TEAC DW-552G

Sorry, but I don't know what's wrong in this case. Are you using sarge
or etch? You could try a newer kernel to see if that helps. Perheps
writing to cdrtools@packages.debian.org might be better in this case.

It's pure Sarge with the latest R packages from CRAN's repo. I've got all my data backed up, so it will be worth trying a newer kernel. The 2.4.27 gave me the same output -- which now makes me believe that if the newer kernel doesn't do the trick, I ought to just put in an order for an NEC DVD burner! The price has come down dramatically on them.

Initially, I thought that a similar solution would have worked for me with Debian, also, so I installed the 2.4.27 kernel, but was unable to get burning down with that kernel either.

Did that kernel give you the same error message?

/Daniel

--
Clint Harshaw, PhD               Email: charshaw@presby.edu
Department of Mathematics        Ph: 864.833.8995