Re: OpenOffice.org Help File??

On 11/9/05, Paul Scott <paslist@ultrasw.com> wrote:
> Mark Grieveson wrote:
>
> >> All of which seem to be for OpenOffice.org 1.1 and will break my OOo
> >> 2.0 installation.
> >>
> >> Paul Scott
> >

> > A quick search of the Debian unstable packages revealed this help package:
> >

> >>       Package openoffice.org-help-en
> >>
> >>     * unstable
> >>       <http://packages.debian.org/unstable/doc/openoffice.org-help-en>
> >>       (doc): OpenOffice.org office suite help (English)
> >>       1.1+20040420-3: all
> >>
> > So, perhaps checking Synaptic to see if this package has been
> > installed will solve your OOo2.0 help issues.  Good luck.
>
> Again that package is for OOo 1.1x and is incompatible with 2.0.
> Installing it removes OOo 2.0
>
> Paul

as I understand it the ooo-help packages are currently unbuildable
using Free java (gij,-4.0, I guess). I think certain functions from
propietary Sun java implementations are used in the stnadard help
build process.

so upshot is:  no OOo help in debian.  I have not heard that this
situation is going to get any better...

matt