Re: New Linux worm crawls the web

Mike McCarty wrote:
> http://www.securityfocus.com/brief/38?ref=rss

    Ha.  You can tell that the individual writing that article has an axe to
grind.  At the end they cite 2 worms on Linux and staates "its variants as an
indication that web-based worms that target Linux and Unix applications are
becoming much more commonplace."  Ok, I've heard of... 2 so far, both cited
here.  Now, when was the last time there were only 2 worm concerns for Windows
in the same month?  *crickets*  Hell, Windows has had 2 scares in a *week*.
"Becoming much more commonplace" because of 2 examples?  Commonplace?
*Common*place!?  That's still bloody fookin' uncommon in my not-so-humble opinion!