Follow up to (bug?) : Strange Bind9 behavior.

I figured out what the problem was. I had put in my bind9 option area the
statement: (numbers missing to protect the innocent.)
        allow-recursion {
              209.102.xxx.xx;
              209.102.xxx.xx;
        };

To allow 2 mail servers to do recursion to this name server.  This seem to
cause the problem.  When I removed the 2 mail servers and put in this
statement:
        allow-recursion {
             any;
        };
It started working again.

Then the name server when queried on the name server machine, ie. dig
bozo.com 127.0.0.1, could query it self and get a reply even though the
URL was not cached on that machine. Before this change all I could query
was what was in the name server cache. Maybe you need to put in the
127.0.0.1 address in the allow-recursion statement as well?

This seems like a bug to me.

Ken Rea