Re: Strange Bind9 behavior.

Please post /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/host.conf, /etc/bind/named.conf

Meni

On 11/8/05, Account for Debian group mail <debian@pcez.com> wrote:

I'm getting a strange behavior (for me anyway...) on Bind9. I just set up
a new Debian Sarge server with bind9. Anyway, I can do a dig lookup on a
domain name from this new server using 127.0.0.1 (# dig bozo.com 127.0.0.1)
and it will not find the address. Then I can go to another server and
direct the dig at the new server and it will find this address. Then I go
back to the new server where I could not resolve that same address in the
first place and now it will resolve it.

I can resolve any address from the new server as long as another server
has already looked it up from this new server.

Any Ideas? BTW there is no firewall involved.

Thanks,

Ken Rea