Re: pcmcia/cardbus issue after 2.6.14 kernel upgrade

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 11:52:02AM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> On 11/7/05, mikepolniak <mikpolniak@adelphia.net> wrote:
> > On 10:06 Mon 07 Nov     , Matt Price wrote:
> > > hi folks,
> > >
> > > --------------------
> > > just about every possible pcmcia option seems to be enabled.  ANy
> > > hints as to what I might have done wrong here?  Or what the next
> > > debugging step would be?  thanks,
> >

> > I think you have all the necessary CONFIG's, but is the cardmgr daemon
> > running (/etc/init.d/pcmcia)?
> yeah, it's up and running.  My very old 10 mbps ethernet card works
> fine (well, some trouble after resume from suspend, but that's another
> issue I think); the wireless card, and a newer NIC (IBM10/100etherjet)
> both produce that cardbus-related error, which I guess comes from
> yenta (googe locates some patches submitted to the yenta project a
> year or so ago).
>
> so possibly the cardbus support is broken in my kernel? seems weird...
I've a similar problem here. I just upgraded my laptop from the default
Debian/sarge 2.6.8 Kernel up to 2.6.14-git(8|9|10) (hey now at leasts
swsusp works again).
The pcmcia init script reports that there is no pcmcia driver and it's
right there is no pcmcia entry in /proc/drivers.
pcmcia_core, pcmcia and yenta_socket modules are loaded of course and
don't produce any debug output (I added pccard debug to the kernel).

Strange problem. Oh and if you experience problems with acpi batterie stats
disable preempt for the moment as a workaround.

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world