Re: OpenOffice 2.0 install from .deb?

On 2005-11-07 12:30:16, Opus wrote:
> I downloaded the Linux binaries for OpenOffice 2.0 from OpenOffice.org
> and found that they are in RPMs.  I managed to figure out that I
> needed to install alien, which I did, and have now converted the
> RPMs to DEBs, but I don't know what to do with the DEB files.  I'm
> running Sarge with a 2.6 kernel and I do updates using Aptitude
> about once a week.
>
> So, how do I get the OpenOffice 2.0 .deb files installed on my
> system?

Use dpkg (as root) to install .debs.

e.g.
$ sudo dpkg -i <package-name>.deb

or
$ su -
$ dpkg -i <package-name>.deb

You could also try to use OO.org 2.0 from unstable, but I suppose
you're using stable for a reason. Maybe a backport will be available
in the near future ...

Felix

--
Felix C. Stegerman <flx@hccnet.nl>

"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature."
 -- R. Kulawiec