Re: which debian version to host VMWare?

VMware Workstation 5 is running fine for me under Sarge on an AMD64
box.  I've had zero problems with compiler versions and such.
Also, which kernel version?
I'm running a 2.6.8 kernel built from Debian sources.  Configuration
is stock except for turning off most sound support (I installed ALSA
separately to make my newish sound card happy).
the same here with testing, 2.6.12 kernel and both i386 and amd64 architectures. also vmware player works perfectly here - once your vm is set up, you don't need the vmware itself any more and can use only the player that is donwloadable for free...

regards,
--
Lubos
_@_"